Floor lamps are considered as an alternative for overhead lights. Floor lamps have been in style since the mid 20s, for it adds both functionality and style to any room in your home. From providing task light to ambient light or simply highlighting a specific area, a floor lamp is what you need to create a warm and inviting atmosphere while also serving as a decorative element to the space.
In today’s society, where most of us spend our days staring at computer screens and phones, taking care of our eyes has become more important than ever. One way to do this is by investing in a suitable floor lamp. Here are some elements to consider when selecting one:
- Sufficient and balanced brightness: Look for lamps that provide enough illumination for your needs, while also creating a balanced atmosphere in the room. Lamps with adjustable brightness settings can help you achieve the right level of lighting for your space.
- Adjustable color temperature: The color temperature of a lamp can greatly affect the mood of a room. Choose a lamp that can customize the lighting to your preference. Warm white light is great for relaxing while white light is great for reading and working.
- Safety: Make sure the lamp has a sturdy and heavy base to support it, and won’t easily tip over. Especially if you have children or pets!
- Flicker-free: Flickering lights can be irritating and cause eye strain or headaches. Remember to pick lamps that are flicker-free or have a high frequency rate to prevent any flickering.
- Style & design: It is best to choose a lamp that complements the overall style of your home. It can be from modern, classic, or rustic, depending on your preference. It’s even better if the design comes with adjustable height or a flexible arm for you to direct the light wherever you want easily.
Now let’s talk about how and where you are going to use your floor lamp and why it’s important to think it through in advance. People buy lamps for different reasons and in some special scenarios, the lamp needed might require special features.
If you are looking for a perfect lamp to place in your home office, where you spend lots of time staring at computer screens, a lamp that eliminates screen glare and reduces reflection can be helpful in easing eye strain. And you might also want it to diffuse the light evenly across your desk when working or reading.
On the other hand, lamps with higher light levels and color rendering index (CRI) can be useful in a workshop for sculpting, drawing, stitching and other detailed work. In these cases, you not only need your lamp to create focused and sufficient brightness, but also to reduce harsh shadows and show accurate colors. What’s more, an adjustable arm and head make it easy to position the light at different angles, providing optimal illumination for your work.
And if you are searching for lamps to place by your bedside for bedtime reading, lamps with dimmable switches and color temperature adjustments will be the one for you! Lamps that can emit a warm, inviting glow that creates a cozy atmosphere are ideal for use in a bedroom, since lights can also affect our sleep.
Our recommendation: BenQ e-Reading Floor Lamp
If you’re looking for a floor lamp that has all the features mentioned above, check out BenQ’s e-Reading Floor Lamp! The e-Reading Floor Lamp boasts a sleek and modern design that will fit seamlessly into any home or office setting. It is available in 3 stylish colors: silver, gold, and blue.
A 150% wider lighting coverage
The Smile Curve Technology offers up to 90*75cm area of illumination, wider than typical lamps on the market. The e-Reading Floor Lamp lights up your space more evenly and with a wider spectrum.
Smart mode & Tailor-made
There are 13 color temperature levels (3000k-5700k, varies depending on your region) and 23 brightness levels for you to customize the setting to your liking with just a turn of a knob! A built-in ambient light sensor also allows the lamp to choose the best lighting for your needs.
Additionally, the lamp’s flexible swivel arm and patented ball joint makes adjusting the light angle a breeze, and its high color index (CRI) of Ra 95 ensures that the colors you see are as true to life as possible.
Whether reading on a screen or paper, the e-Reading Floor Lamp covers you. Its “brighter at the sides, darker in the middle” illumination eliminates glare and protects your eyes.
The lamp uses BenQ’s exclusive LED Zero-Flicker Technology, which provides a safe, constant and flicker-free light source. Not only does this help to reduce screen glare and reflection, also making it easier to read for longer periods of time. Besides, the EU Dual Certification for no blue light hazard ensures the highest quality LED light source to protect your eyes in all aspects.
And with its durable metal composition and long-lasting LED light source, you can enjoy the benefits of this lamp for years to come.
In conclusion, BenQ e-Reading floor lamp is a high-tech lighting device that combines practicality and aesthetic components. Whether you are looking for floor lamps that can create a relaxing atmosphere, add task lighting, make a statement, or create ambience in your room, BenQ e-Reading Floor Lamp is the one to go!