This standard gives guidelines for organizations on implementing ISO 44001 in order to achieve successful collaborative business relationships, as well as helping organizations use and implement the framework specification effectively.
This standard explains what is intended by each requirement of ISO 44001, why each is important, and recommends approaches to take for their practical implementation. How to meet the requirements is individually evaluated and applied in the context of each organization.
This standard is applicable to any organization.
Having a business relationship with any organization can be a bind when it comes to implementing the framework for accreditation purposes. The BS ISO 44002:2019 Standard is the perfect general guideline for implementing ISO 44001 in order to achieve successful collaborative business relationships, as well as helping organizations use and implement the framework specification effectively.
The BS ISO 44002:2019 Standard is basically an overview of the BS ISO 44001 Standard. It explains how the business relationship framework operates in a more detailed way based on a real situation with a case study.
ISO 44001 states that any business environment will try to create, establish and maintain relationships with other businesses for mutual advantage. ISO 44001 further states that in order to achieve this, each organization within the business environment must be:
- Informed about the needs of their business partners;
- Able to tailor their business practices, if necessary, to meet the needs of their business partners; and
- Able to act on behalf of their business partners.
- To achieve this the organization must be able to undertake the following in relation to its business relationships:
- To identify, from its own perspective and with the identification of each of its business partners, the needs of each of the parties in a business relationship;
- To understand its business partners’ views and their view on the relationship;
- To look for and understand any information relevant to the performance and development of their individual and collective relationships;
- To interact together and develop collective decisions;
- To respond to each other’s needs;
- To measure and evaluate the performance of their business relationship;
- To plan collectively to meet future needs; and
- To ensure that the relationships effectively meet the needs of all parties.
The BS ISO 44002:2019 Standard provides a list of guidelines and recommendations to ensure that the framework of ISO 44001 is implemented in a way which benefits the environment. Each business organization must evaluate the guidelines and recommendations in the perspective of its own environment when selecting and implementing them. The BS ISO 44002:2019 Standard makes comprehensive recommendations for each aspect of the
- identification of a business partner’s needs
- understanding of the business partner’s needs
- identification and understanding of relevant information
- response to information
- measurement and evaluation
- planning for the future
- specification of framework requirements.
The BS ISO 44002:2019 Standard provides a guideline of what is intended by each requirement of ISO 44001, why each is important, and provides valuable advice on how to implement the framework for successful relationships. The BS ISO 44002:2019 Standard applies to any organization that shares a business relationship with any other organization.