According to Statista, online gambling market size will reach $127.3 billion in 2023 and $174.2 billion by 2030. Canada is one of the biggest markets for online casinos, with an estimated share of around 8%, because Canadians are allowed to play real money casino games online, unlike Americans.
🔍 Profitability indicators of the online gambling market size in 2022?
The global online gambling market’s profitability indicators in 2022 were estimated to be around $64 billion. According to a report by Grand View Research, this industry is planned to reach $93.4 billion by 2027, with a compound annual growth rate CAGR of 8.1% (a compound annual growth rate).
Market size value in 2022:
in 2026 $115.13 (billion)
Growth Rate (CAGR)):
Key Gambling Giants (companies):
Stars Group Inc: William Hill PLC, Kindred Group PLC, Bet365 Group Ltd: 888 Holdings PLC, Paddy Power Betfair PLC, Sky Betting & Gaming, Betsson AB, GVC Holdings PLC, Ladbrokes Coral Group PLC.
Casino, Poker, Betting, Online Bingo, Lottery, Others
Eastern/Western Europe, North/South America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Africa
Facts Online Gambling Statistics
To better understand the impact online gambling has, here’s an overview of essential statistics related to this pastime. By understanding facts about addiction and its prevalence in different countries worldwide, we can make well-informed decisions about how we choose to gamble. Consider the most interesting and shocking facts about the online gambling industry:
- The United States has the most extensive online gambling market.
- The average player spends 1 hour – 40 minutes daily playing.
- Sports betting is a popular type, which accounts for nearly 50% of all online gambling activity.
- Online gambling accounts for around 10% of all gaming activities in the United Kingdom.
- Trusted providers such as Bally, IGT, NetEnt, WMS, Playtech offer a wide range of casino games on websites. Enjoy high RTPs, free spins, bonus rounds, no download no registration instant play option in these new slot machine games here online.
- In Australia, online poker is the most popular, accounting for about 25% of all activity.
- Over 50% of all online gamblers have experienced gambling problems in their lifetime.
- Of those who gamble online regularly, 5-10% are estimated to have a severe addiction.
- The global online gambling market size is estimated to reach $127.3 billion in 2023.
- Online casino games and sports betting have seen a surge in demand due to the pandemic.
- More countries are legalizing online gambling, which will further fuel the growth of this industry.
- In the U.S., this market is estimated to reach $9.3 billion by 2025, with an 11.5% CAGR. It has increased the demand for online gambling services, as people can now play from home.
- Canadian global online gambling market size will reach $93.4 billion by 2027, with a 9.5%CAGR.
The pandemic has significantly impacted the gambling market, with most countries imposing a complete ban on land-based casinos and betting parlors. It has increased the demand for online casino games and sports betting. Due to travel restrictions and social distancing measures, people have been unable to visit physical casinos.
📣 Online gambling market size in 2022?
According to deep research, the global online gambling market size in 2022 was estimated to be around $64 billion. This report also highlights strategies adopted by online casinos to stay ahead of the competition. These include offering attractive bonuses/promotions, launching new games regularly, providing enhanced customer service, and improving the mobile gaming experience.
Player statistic and percentages by gender (male vs female)
Online casinos also focus on expanding their presence in emerging markets such as Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Africa. They are investing heavily in research and development (R&D) to develop innovative gaming products that attract more customers. This growth will remain strong over the coming years due to increasing demand for mobile gaming, rising disposable income, and changing consumer preferences.
Gambling Companies by Market Cap in 2022
Isle of Man
Isle of Man
Isle of Man
- Aristocrat: Aristocrat has a market cap of $13.56 billion, and it offers gaming solutions. Provider offers a huge collection of the best new casino games free online and slot machines for players all over the world.
- Playtech: The Isle of Man-based company has a market cap of $1.87 billion. It provides casino software solutions for online/land-based casinos and sports betting.
- Evolution Gaming: This Swedish company has a market cap of $15.37 billion. It is a leading provider of live dealer gaming solutions for online casinos and other gambling operators.
- Entain: Entain has a $9.31 billion market cap. It is the parent company behind popular brands such as Bwin, Ladbrokes, and Coral
- Bally’s Corporation: This American company has a market cap of $0.91 billion. It is a leading provider of casino and gaming solutions with a large network of casinos across the U.S. Among the new slot machine games with free spins and bonuses by Bally такие как: Double Dragon, 88 Fortunes, Quick Hit, etc.
- GAN: GAN has a $62.18 million market cap. It provides online gambling software solutions for U.S., Europe, and Asia Pacific operators.
- IGT: This gaming provider has a $4.50 billion market cap. It offers online/land-based gaming solutions, including table games, and sports betting. You can try free slots new games online by IGT with a wide range of bonuses, prizes and features.
- Microgaming: The Isle of Man-based company has a $600 million market cap. It is one of the leading online casino software solutions providers in Europe. In addition, the list of online new slot machines 2023 by Microgaming is growing more and more every day.
Top Gambling Countries in The World
From the United States to Singapore and Macau, we’ve researched countries worldwide to determine which ones have the highest percentage of citizens who gamble. Online gambling industry statistics by main gaming centers show the difference in profitability, popularity and opportunity.
Gambling Gross Win: $5 Billion
The Philippines has some of the highest gambling participation rates, with an estimated 70% of adults engaging in gambling. This country is home to many casinos and betting shops, and its citizens are avid gamblers.
Gambling Gross Win: $10 Billion
Gambling is prevalent in Spain, with over 40% of adults participating. This country has a long history, and its citizens strongly favor it. Online gambling is also popular, with many Spaniards enjoying poker and sports betting.
Gambling Gross Win: $13 Billion
Gambling is a popular pastime in France, with over 30% of adults participating. It has a long tradition, and its citizens are passionate about it. Many casinos and racetracks are located throughout this country as online gambling sites.
Gambling Gross Win: $14 Billion
An estimated 25% of adults participate in gambling. This country is home to several casinos, racetracks, and online gambling sites. Canadians are known for their love of sports betting and casino games.
📌 PAY ATTENTION: According to online casino reports, new casino games free with no download no registration by trusted providers, such as: IGT, Bally, Aristocrat, etc. are popular among players.
Gambling Gross Win: $16 Billion
Germany is another country where gambling is prevalent. An estimated 25% of adults in this country participate in gambling. It is home to casinos, betting shops, and online gambling sites.
Other Gambling Centers
USA online gambling market share, by type, 2028
- Minimum Age: 18
- Common Games: Blackjack, Baccarat, Slots, Roulette, Video Poker
- Gross Revenue: $52.99 billion
Trends/revenue: The U.S. will be one of the fastest-growing online casino markets 2023 due to its large population base and growing legalization of online gambling. The United States has one of the highest gambling participation rates, with an estimated 20% of adults participating. Trusted providers such as Bally, IGT, NetEnt offer new casino slot games free 2023 with a variety of bonuses, prizes and opportunities.
2. The United Kingdom
(GGY) of the gambling industry in Great Britain:
Gross gambling yield of online gambling:
Most popular type of casino games:
Bingo, Poker, Lottery, Betting, Casino Games
The United Kingdom has a long history of gambling, and its citizens are passionate about it. An estimated 15% of adults participate in gambling. According to online gambling industry statistics UK, there are a lot of casinos/betting shops, as well as plenty of gambling sites with new free slot machines with free spins.
Macau is one of the biggest online gambling growth centers, with an estimated 10% of adults. This country is home to many casinos, betting shops, and gambling sites.
As reported by online gambling market analysis, Australia has some of the most relaxed laws. An estimated 8% of adults take part in some form of gambling. This country has casinos, betting shops, and online gambling sites. The most popular games amongst Aussies are pokies, new free slots games online and casino games, where 35.2% of females and 43.2% of males participate in gambling.
Players by age, online gambling industry report
The major gaming companies in Canada are the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) and the British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC). An estimated 7% of adults in Canada participate. This country is home to some casinos, betting shops, and online gambling sites.
📌📡 Global Gambling Europe with Forecast
Country with the highest revenue in Europe:
Germany ($3,806,000 M)
Total number of open gambling properties in Europe:
Largest Gambling Companies in the World by Revenue
№1. Caesars Entertainment
- Revenue: $10.59 B
- Stock ticker: NASDAQ:CZR
- Headquarters: USA
- Founded: 1937
Caesars Entertainment is the world’s largest gambling company, with a revenue of $8.9 billion in 2020. It is headquartered in Las Vegas and has been operating since 1937. This company operates casinos, hotels, resorts worldwide, online gaming sites, and sports betting apps.
№2. Flutter Entertainment
- Revenue: $7.66 B
- Stock ticker: LON:FLTR.L
- Headquarters: Ireland
- Founded: 2016
This is the second-largest gambling company, with a revenue of $6.4 billion in 2020. This company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and operates Betfair, Paddy Power Betfair, PokerStars, and FanDuel, among other brands. Flutter also owns FoxBet on the online casino market, which uses sports betting in several U.S. states.
- Revenue: $20.87 B
- Stock ticker: EVO.ST
- Headquarters: Sweden
- Founded: 2006
Evolution Gaming was the third-largest gambling company worldwide, with a $ 3.7 billion revenue in 2020. It is based in Malta and operates live dealer gaming services for many of the world’s leading online casinos. Evolution owns several other brands, including NetEnt, Yggdrasil, and Red Tiger Gaming.
№4. Las Vegas Sands
- Revenue: $4 B
- Stock ticker: NYSE:LVS
- Headquarters: USA
- Founded: 1988
Las Vegas Sands was the fourth-largest gambling company, with a revenue of $2.7 billion in 2020. It is headquartered in Las Vegas and has been operating since 1988. It owns several casinos, resorts worldwide, and online gaming sites.
№5. Kindred Group
- Revenue: $1 B
- Stock ticker: KIND-SDB.ST
- Headquarters: U.K.
- Founded: 1997
Kindred Group was the sixth-largest gambling company worldwide, with a $1.5 billion revenue in 2020. It is based in Sweden and operates several online gaming sites, including Unibet, Stan James, and 32Red. Kindred owns other brands, such as Maria Casino, iGame, and Bingo.com.
№6. Scientific Games
- Revenue: $5.239 B
- Stock ticker: TJW.F
- Headquarters: USA
- Founded: 1973
Scientific Games was the seventh-largest gambling company, with a $1 billion revenue in 2020. It is headquartered in Las Vegas and has been operating since 1974; it offers a range of products, including lottery systems, slot machines, sports betting solutions, and digital gaming platforms.
№7. 888 Holdings
- Revenue: $555 M
- Headquarters: Spain
- Founded: 1997
888 Holdings is the eighth-largest gambling company, with a revenue of $890 million in 2020. It is based in Gibraltar and operates several online gaming sites, including 888Casino, 888Poker, and 888Sport. 888 also owns other brands, such as Wink Bingo and Dragonfish.
№8. MGM Resorts
- Revenue: $12.55 B
- Stock ticker: NYSE: MGM
- Headquarters: USA
- Founded: 1986
MGM Resorts was the ninth-largest gambling company, with a revenue of $683 million in 2020. It is headquartered in Las Vegas and has been operating since 1986. It owns several casinos /resorts worldwide and online gaming sites such as MGM Grand Online Casino and PlayMGM Sportsbook.
- Revenue: $1.86 B
- Stock ticker: NASDAQ: DKNG
- Headquarters: USA
- Founded: 2012
DraftKings was the tenth-largest gambling company worldwide, with a revenue of $480 million in 2020. It is based in the U.S. and operates several online gaming sites, including daily fantasy sports, sports betting, and casino games. DraftKings also owns other brands, such as SBTech/FoxBet.
Which Country Loses the Most to Gambling?
Сonforming to an online gambling report, the United States loses the most money to gambling, with an estimated $119 billion in losses each year. Large number of casinos/betting shops, as well as a thriving online gambling industry. Other countries that lose significant amounts of money to gambling include Australia, Japan, Canada, and the U.K.
Global Online Gambling Market, Forecasts 2022 – 2027
A recent report from Statista predicts that the global online gambling market will reach €97 billion by 2027. It represented an increase of over €20 billion since 2018 when it was valued at €73 billion. Europe is expected to remain the largest global gambling market size, with a €45 billion total value in 2027. It is followed by Asia-Pacific (€31 billion) and North America (€18 billion). This report suggests that mobile gaming will continue to be major in this industry as more players opt to play on their smartphones/tablets.
Online gambling industry analysis by popular games
Online Casino Trends for 2023
Online gambling is projected to continue its exponential growth in 2023, with revenues estimated to reach $80 billion. It is planned to be driven by several customers, technological advances, and the introduction of new regulations. The Asia-Pacific region will be the largest contributor in 2023, with a share of 39%. This is due to the increasing popularity of mobile gaming and rising disposable incomes in China/India. Europe is also anticipated to experience significant growth in the online gambling & betting market in two years, with a projected CAGR of 8.2%.
The United States is expected to remain the largest online gambling market in 2023, with a share of 31% due to the recent legalization of online sports betting and casino gaming in several states. The number of customers worldwide is projected to reach over 400 million by 2023, with most users aged between 25-44 years old. The mobile gaming segment is expected to continue its dominance as a popular form of online gambling, accounting for over 60% of total revenue.
🎁 Expected Changes in Such Key Points
In 2023, we’re likely to see big casino industry trends changes, such as virtual reality, advances in mobile gaming, and cryptocurrencies. Here’s an overview of what to expect from online casino gambling shortly.
- Legalization of gambling in the United States: The United States will continue its move towards legalizing online gambling, with several states already passing legislation allowing for legal sports betting and casino gaming. This could lead to a surge in a number of players and increased gambling market size and revenue.
- A.R. and V.R.: The introduction of augmented reality/virtual reality technology are set to revolutionize the online gambling industry, providing players with an immersive experience unlike anything else. We expect to see more casinos embracing A.R./V.R. technology in 2023, allowing players to experience a real-life casino atmosphere from their homes.
- Crypto gambling: Cryptocurrency gambling is expected to become popular over the next few years as more players look to take advantage of digital currencies’ anonymity, speed, and security. We will see more casinos offering cryptocurrency payment options and dedicated cryptocurrency-only sites emerging in 2023.
- eSports gambling live dealer games: The introduction of more advanced graphics and gameplay features will be a big trend in 2023 as developers look to make their games increasingly realistic/immersive. We expect improved graphics, better sound effects, and more interactive elements in the latest casino games.
- Improved graphics: The use of high-end graphics is also set to be a significant trend as more developers look to make their games visually appealing. We can expect to see more casinos offering 3D slots, virtual reality experiences, and advanced graphics that provide a truly immersive gaming experience.
- More casino games: Casino games are likely to be optimized for mobile devices in 2023, thanks to the increasing popularity of mobile gaming. This will allow players to play their favorite casino games on the go without worrying about compatibility issues.
- New releases and the popularity of free online slots: We expect to see more new releases in this market in 2023 as developers look to capitalize on the popularity of online new free casino slot games. This could lead to an increase in revenue for operators, as well as improved player experience.
Online Slots Market Forecasts & Trends
Predictions and gambling industry trends for 2023-2025 by main countries (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa) will experience major growth, thanks to the introduction of new technologies and improved graphics. Virtual reality casinos, mobile slot games, blockchain technology, cashless transactions, facial recognition, and A.I. are will impact this industry significantly. Operators can use big data analysis to gain insights into player behavior and tailor their offerings accordingly.
- V.R. Casinos are expected to have a significant impact on this industry. Operators can use these technologies to provide players with an improved gaming experience while increasing their revenue.
- Mobile slot games are becoming increasingly popular as they allow players to access their favorite games on the go. Operators can use these technologies to provide players with an improved gaming experience while increasing their revenue.
- Blockchain Technology is expected to significantly impact, as it can be used for secure/transparent transactions. Cashless transactions will allow players to deposit and withdraw funds quickly without worrying about security issues.
- Cashless Transactions, don’t worry about an external payment processor or banking system which can potentially be hacked. Cashless transactions will provide an extra layer of security, as they reduce the chances of fraud by verifying customer identities through a more secure process.
- Facial Recognition. Operators can use facial recognition and artificial intelligence to simplify registration processes and ensure that only legitimate customers can access their services. Additionally, A.I. can be used for fraud detection, enabling operators to identify suspicious behavior quickly and take action accordingly.
🎁 Other Important Trends
Mobile gaming, blockchain, cashless transactions, facial recognition, and artificial intelligence are also expected to impact the online gambling market over the next few years. These technologies will provide players with an improved gaming experience, allowing them to enjoy more immersive/interactive games. They will make it easier for operators to monitor player behavior and ensure that their games are fair/secure. Cashless transactions will allow players to deposit and withdraw funds quickly without worrying about security issues.
- Simplify registration processes. Over 60% of players in online casinos spend less than 10 minutes on the registration process. That’s because it can be tedious and time-consuming. Online gambling companies will begin streamlining the registration process of their online casinos and ensure a satisfying customer experience.
- Security. Operators can use facial recognition, blockchain technology, and A.I. to ensure that their games are secure/fair. This will help them protect from fraud and ensure that only legitimate customers can access their services.
- Artificial Intelligence. RTP (Return to Player influence). It’s crucial for artificial intelligence (A.I.) and Return to Player (RTP) to influence the gaming industry. Operators will use A.I. to provide players with more tailored experiences and content, while RTP will affect how much money a player can expect to win in a game.
- Big Data Analysis will allow operators to gain insights into player behavior and tailor their offerings accordingly. This will enable them to provide a more personalized gaming experience while increasing their revenue.
Global iGaming market to reach €93 billion by 2023
According to a recent report, the global iGaming market is planned to reach €93 (billion) by 2023. It represented an increase of over €20 billion since 2018, when it was valued at €73 billion. The growth can be attributed to the popularity of online gambling and the rise in mobile gaming.
This report also reveals that Europe is currently the largest iGaming market, with a total value of €42 billion in 2018. This is followed by Asia-Pacific (€29 billion) and North America (€17 billion). It suggests that these regions will continue to dominate this industry in 2023.
⏰📈 Global Player Number Is Still on the Rise
The number of players participating is also expected to increase over the next few years. In 2018, there were an estimated 1.9 billion players worldwide, predicted to reach 2.6 billion by 2023. This represents a growth rate of around 30%, significantly higher than the global population growth rate of just over 1%.
In-Game Transactions Strengthen Positions in the Gaming Market
In-game transactions will become increasingly important for operators. In 2018, in-game transactions accounted for around 15% of global iGaming revenue; it is expected to increase to 20% by 2023 as operators focus on providing additional content and services within games. Subscription revenues will be important as they offer players access to premium content/services. It is expected to account for around 10% of global iGaming revenue by 2023, most of which comes from loyal players who have subscribed to an operator’s services.
Casino Marketing Ideas You Should Know in 2023
2023 is a great time for casinos to get innovative in their marketing campaigns and stay ahead of the competition. Here are five creative casino marketing ideas you should consider this year.
- Use Social Media: Social media is a powerful tool for reaching a wide audience and can be used to promote your casino in various ways. You can create engaging content that will draw people in, or you can use paid advertising to target specific demographics.
- Work with affiliates: Affiliate marketing is a great way to reach potential customers who may need to be made aware of your casino. You can partner with other businesses or influencers in this industry and offer them a commission for every customer they bring in.
- Make use of meta tags: Meta tags are snippets of code that help search engines understand the content of your website. Including relevant meta tags on your pages can increase your chances of appearing in search engine results and draw more customers to your casino.
- Research competitors: Knowing what your competitors are up to can help you stay ahead of the game. Research their strategies and see what’s working for them, then use that information to create your unique campaigns.
- Send email newsletters: Email campaigns are an effective way to target potential customers directly and promote your casino’s offerings. You can create customized newsletters that feature relevant offers and information or send promotional emails highlighting new games or upcoming events.
What are the forecasts for the next 5-10 years?
This report also suggests that the Canadian market will witness a higher growth rate than average, with an estimated CAGR of 9.5% over the forecast period. Its relaxed gaming laws/regulations can be attributed to Canada’s increasing demand for online casino games/sports betting. More countries legalize online gambling; this will fuel the growth of this market in the upcoming years. As such, operators need to stay up-to-date with industry trends and capitalize on opportunities as they arise.
COMMON ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What was the size of the global online gambling market in 2022?
The global online gambling market was estimated to be worth $53.7 billion in 2022, with a CAGR of 11.5%. This figure is expected to grow to $9.3 billion by 2025.
2. What are the key regions in the global online gambling market?
The key regions in the global online gambling market include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America will dominate in these regions due to its relaxed gaming laws and regulations, availability of a wide range of games, and increasing demand for mobile gaming. Europe will be a major contributor to the growth of this market due to its high internet penetration rates, growing demand for sports betting, and increasing demand for virtual gaming. Asia Pacific will rise due to its large population base and increasing disposable income in the coming years.
3. How big is the U.S. online gambling market?
The U.S. online gambling market will be worth around $3.2 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.5% over the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing demand for mobile gaming, rising disposable income, and changing consumer preferences. The popularity of fantasy sports and eSports has contributed to this market’s growth. Technological advancements such as virtual reality (V.R.) and augmented reality (A.R.) have opened up new opportunities for online casinos to offer more immersive gaming experiences. Online casinos focus on expanding their presence in emerging markets such as Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Africa.